- You will need to pre-apply for a "first license" at https://secure.dol.wa.gov/home/newDriver.aspx (If you have a Washington ID you do not need to do this.)
- Walk in testing for the State Knowledge test and the State Drive test are given:
Mon - Fri: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
* Must Start written test 1 hour before closing. This is done at first come first serve basis
- Click here for Steps to getting your permit/first driver's license
- Bring with you: A photo ID and your Washington State ID number.
- A photo ID and Pre-application, or Washington State ID number from DOL
- Knowledge test $30 for 1st, and $15 for 2nd and 3rd. Restarts after 3rd.
- Driving test $60. *All applicants use Premier Driving School vehicle.*
- You must pass the knowledge test with at least an 80% score before you can take your driving test.
- Visit the DOL. You will need your Birth Certificate and Photo ID. Their fee is $25 for a permit. Any questions of what to take please visit the DOL website. (link to DOL
Knowledge Testing Available in 7 Languages
- Español (Spanish)
- 中文 (Chinese)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- Русский (Russian)
- Việt (Vietnamese)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
What you need to know:
- You do not need a permit to take the State Drive Test.
- Last State Knowledge test of the day must be started by 4:45.
- You must pass the knowledge test with at least an 80% score to take the Driving test.
- If you have allowed yourself enough time you can take this the same day as your knowledge test.
- All state drive tests are given in our car and last about 20 minutes.
Scores will be entered by Premier Driving School into the DOL database.
Visit the DOL. Their fee is $89.CONTACT US